The Florida Highway Patrol (FHP) has recently announced that they are joining local and national law enforcement officers for the national Click It or Ticket safety belt enforcement campaign in March.
This is a reminder for all Florida drivers that Florida law requires the use of seat belts by drivers, passengers in the front seat and all children under the age of 18 in a motor vehicle.
The FHP officers recommend drivers to:
• Buckle up, every time. A seatbelt is your vehicle’s best safety feature. Set the example.
• Drive sober. One drink is one too many.
• Make sure your rear-seat passengers are also buckled. They are more likely to injure themselves and other passengers in a crash, if not buckled up.
• Obey all speed limits. Traffic congestion and construction zones may require driving more slowly.
• Seat belts plus airbags provide the greatest protection for adults. However, air bags are not a substitute for seat belts.
• Don’t drive distracted: Anything that takes your full attention from the road, even for a second, could be deadly.